- To strengthen the expetise at all levels, in term of quantity and quality, the research team involves in Industrial Biotechnology research activity, especially in bioprocessing and biomanufacturing, at UPM.
- To increase high quality research output and to provide efficient professional services that fulfill customers satifisfaction in the area of Industrial Biotechnology.
- To establish the strategic research linkages in the area of Industrial Biotechnology with private agencies and research institutions at national and international levels.
- To strengthen research, teaching and training in bioprocessing, and biomanufacturing at UPM, to cater the requirements by the biotechnology industries in Malaysian and Asian region in the specific areas such as bioreactor operation, fermentation technology and downstream processing.
- To train a cutting edge industrial biotechnology workforce. Students and scientists gain access to not only state-of-the-art equipment, but practical and virtual training experiences that ensure their readiness for a challenging and rewarding workplace.
- To establish the bioprocessing, and biomanufacturing facilities at UPM that have ability to be used as a platform for commercialization of research findings by UPM researchers, focussing on a wide range of biotechnology products. It could be from biofertilizer and biosolvent up to animal vaccines that require Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP) certification for the production.